Dessert and fortified wines are made by stopping the fermentation process before all the sugars inside are converted to alcohol, and this category includes ice wines, fortified wines like port, madiera, and many other wines. The best Dessert Wines are made from grapes that are very sugary, which is why dessert wines have an intense nose, voluptuous flavor and velvety texture.
The process to make dessert and fortified wines is so labor-intensive that the price may seem high, but it is well worth it, as these wines have an exceptional ability to age, some for upwards of 50 years! Remember: many dessert wines are meant to be consumed in small quantities and should therefore be served cold.
- Barefoot MoscatoAs low as $1.99
- Barefoot Pink MoscatoAs low as $5.99
- Barefoot Peach MoscatoAs low as $6.99
- Barefoot Watermelon MoscatoAs low as $6.99
- Barefoot Strawberry MoscatoAs low as $6.99
- Barefoot Apple MoscatoAs low as $6.99
- Sutter Home Red MoscatoAs low as $6.99
- Markovic Estates MoscatoAs low as $8.99
- Santero Moscato & StrawberryAs low as $9.99
- Barefoot Bubbly Pink MoscatoAs low as $9.99
- CK Mondavi Moscato 1.5L$10.99
- Barefoot Apple Moscato 1.5L$12.99
- Bartenura Moscato Sparkling Dolce SpumanteAs low as $16.99