Description | Details | Rating

Cabernet Franc grapes thrive in Niagara, even when we let them freeze on the vines! Once frozen, the grapes for this wine were handpicked and pressed to release a single drop of pure extract from each grape. After a cool fermentation, 80% of the wine was aged in stainless steel, while the other 20% was aged in older French oak barrels. The end result of these efforts is a deliciously different Icewine with a luscious mouthfeel that showcases flavours of bumble berry coulis, pomegranate and cherry. On the finish there are interesting notes of red currant jelly, pomegranate molasses and red cherry. This Icewine does well with rich, salty appetizers, including paté, foie gras and black olive tapenade. It's also a beautiful complement to desserts like plum cobbler, fig cake, date squares, dark chocolate molten cake and nut-based cakes. Enjoy now through 2019 in small white wine glasses at a well chilled 8 to 10°C.

  • Year: 2015
  • Alcohol Percent: 11.5%
  • Producer: Peller Estates

Be the first to review this product

Peller Estates Cabernet Franc Ice Wine 2015 375ml

  • My Review

    click to rate!
  • * Required Fields

Item #27314

Peller Estates Cabernet Franc Ice Wine 2015 375ml

country: Canada/region: Ontario

Availability: In stock

You will earn 78 Points for purchasing this product.