With very few exceptions, the juice from grapes is naturally clear and colorless. Red wine is produced by a process called maceration, in which the skins, seeds, and stems of the grapes remain in contact with the pressed juice, and give the wine its characteristic red color. Tiny fragments from the grapes remain in red wine after bottling, as sediment, which is why it is usually best to drink your red wines after they have been decanted and allowed to breathe.
The best red wines come from regions where the growing conditions are favorable for the particular grapes being grown there. These growing conditions include the climate and weather, the amount of daily sunlight during the growing season, temperature, soil composition, water, disease resistance, and location (altitude, proximity to large bodies of water and access to vineyards for routine maintenance and inspection for both individuals on foot and necessary equipment).
Red Wine Varieties
City Wine Cellar carries the best domestic and imported red wines come from regions where the growing conditions are most favorable. We stock a collection of the best in Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Amarone, Shiraz (or Syrah), Chianti, Bordeaux, Rioja, Barolo, Brunello di Montalcino, Red Wine Blend, and other vintage red wines! We look forward to helping you make the best selection from our wine inventory.
If you have a question about any of the wines we carry, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Bolla MerlotAs low as $10.99
- Woodbridge Cabernet SauvignonAs low as $1.99
- Santa Ema MerlotAs low as $4.99
- Crane Lake Cabernet SauvignonAs low as $5.99
- Robert Mondavi Private Selection MerlotAs low as $8.99
- Underwood Pinot Noir 2017As low as $6.99
- Cruz Garcia Real SangriaAs low as $6.99
- Papi Demi Sec Cabernet SauvignonAs low as $6.99
- Papi Demi Sec MerlotAs low as $6.99
- The Pinot Project Pinot Noir 2019As low as $7.99
- Blackstone MerlotAs low as $7.99
- Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon / MerlotAs low as $7.99
- Yellow Tail MerlotAs low as $7.99
- Two Vines Cabernet SauvignonAs low as $7.99
- La Vieille Ferme Cotes Du Ventoux RougeAs low as $7.99
- Ta'Dura Sweet Cabernet SauvignonAs low as $7.99
- Senor Sangria RedAs low as $7.99
- Woodbridge MerlotAs low as $7.99
- Los Vascos Cabernet Sauvignon 750mlSpecial Price $7.99 Regular Price $9.99