With very few exceptions, the juice from grapes is naturally clear and colorless. Red wine is produced by a process called maceration, in which the skins, seeds, and stems of the grapes remain in contact with the pressed juice, and give the wine its characteristic red color. Tiny fragments from the grapes remain in red wine after bottling, as sediment, which is why it is usually best to drink your red wines after they have been decanted and allowed to breathe.
The best red wines come from regions where the growing conditions are favorable for the particular grapes being grown there. These growing conditions include the climate and weather, the amount of daily sunlight during the growing season, temperature, soil composition, water, disease resistance, and location (altitude, proximity to large bodies of water and access to vineyards for routine maintenance and inspection for both individuals on foot and necessary equipment).
Red Wine Varieties
City Wine Cellar carries the best domestic and imported red wines come from regions where the growing conditions are most favorable. We stock a collection of the best in Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Amarone, Shiraz (or Syrah), Chianti, Bordeaux, Rioja, Barolo, Brunello di Montalcino, Red Wine Blend, and other vintage red wines! We look forward to helping you make the best selection from our wine inventory.
If you have a question about any of the wines we carry, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Concha Y Toro Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon/MerlotAs low as $8.99
- Concha Y Toro Pinot NoirAs low as $8.99
- Concha Y Toro Frontera Shiraz 1.5LSpecial Price $8.99 Regular Price $12.99
- Concha Y Toro Frontera Malbec 1.5LSpecial Price $8.99 Regular Price $12.99
- Concha Y Toro Frontera Merlot 1.5LSpecial Price $8.99 Regular Price $12.99
- Concha Y Toro Marques De Casa Concha Syrah 2015 750ml
92 James Suckling$19.99
- Concha Y Toro Marques De Casa Concha Merlot 2014 750ml
91 James Suckling$19.99
- Concha Y Toro Marques de Casa Concha Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 750ml
93 James Suckling$22.99
- Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 750ml
98 James Suckling$124.99