- Pick Up Info
- Shipping & Processing Time
- States We Cannot Ship To
- Shipping Options
- Signature Policy
- Return Policy
Pick Up Info
- If you have selected in-store pick up, you may pick up your order at our store conveniently located at 2295 Richmond Avenue, Staten Island, N.Y. 10314. We are in the Heartland Village shopping center close to the Staten Island Mall. Our hours of operation are: Mon - Sat 9AM - 10PM and Sun 12PM - 7PM.
Shipping & Processing Time
- Domestic shipping rates include the cost of cardboard boxes and foam inserts to insulate and protect your wines plus labor and all charges levied by carriers. Please note: Free shipping promotions exclude AK, HI.
- Most Domestic orders ship within 2-4 business days of when you place your order. A small percentage of items require a longer ship-out time. On rare occasions we may face an unforeseen delay in shipping your order and in that case, we will notify you by email. All FedEx Domestic times are only in effect after your order is shipped. Depending on your location, the shipment can take anywhere from 1-5 business days after leaving our store. We cannot guarantee any shipments by a specific date, nor will be held responsible for any shipping instructions given on an order. We will do our best to accommodate the Customer in any way. During periods of extreme weather, we will attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers' warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn't go out the day that you place an order. Please understand that during business hours, your orders are immediately packaged and scheduled for delivery, but may be delayed until ideal conditions for shipment arise. If you feel this may be a problem because of a time sensitive package, please call our order department at 877-879-1888 to discuss other options. Check the Map to calculate the estimated number of business days (Monday-Friday) it will take for your package to arrive. Orders placed will ship within the next 2 business days. If there is an issue with your order we will contact you prior. All packages are packed in our styrofoam containers to ensure proper delivery. We do everything possible on our end to protect our wine shipments from temperature-related damage. If you are concerned about the weather in your area, you may request a specific shipping date or you may choose a faster shipping method. You will receive an email containing tracking information once your order is boxed and ready for shipment. Please note, these tracking numbers will not be active until they are scanned by the driver. (For example, if you have an order scheduled to ship on a Monday, we may box it on a Friday and send you the tracking info. However, the tracking info will not be valid until the driver picks it up on Monday.)
States We Cannot Ship To
- Currently, we are NOT shipping to: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhone Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah
- Typically orders placed will be shipped within 2 business days. If you would like your order to be shipped the same day (business day only) your order must be placed by 1pm. Although we will do our best to accommodate your request we cannot guarantee it. If we have 1 bottle or 200 cases in stock it will show on our website. Please call the order board (877-879-1888) to ensure we have enough inventory in stock to satisfy your order. https://citywinecellar.com/
- GROUND: Delivery to all addresses (Monday – Friday) excluding holidays
- SECOND DAY AIR: Delivery within 2 business days excluding holidays & weekends (2nd business day)
- NEXT DAY AIR: Delivery to all addresses next business day (Monday-Friday) excluding holidays
- MANHATTAN: We offer deliveries into Manhattan below 110th street on Saturday between 11am-8pm. *Excludes Roosevelt Island* If delivery is not successful on the first attempt, a $10 fee incurs for each additional attempt.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase alcohol from CityWineCellar.com. All packages sent out by CityWineCellar.com REQUIRE a signature upon delivery. It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service. Customer comments on their order such as "Please leave on back porch" or "Please leave at front door" will be ignored! We will not be able to refund any shipping charges if your package comes back to us because there was no adult to sign for the wine! If you order from us you are representing to us that you are at least 21 years of age and that the person to whom it is being shipped is also at least 21 years of age. An adult signature will be REQUIRED upon delivery. Title to all items you order passes to you as soon as it leaves our doors; it is up to you to know the relevant laws in your state.
It is the Customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery for an adult signature. If no one is available to receive the package, a (2) subsequent attempt to deliver will be made. Whenever possible, we encourage you to use a commercial business address to assure the fastest delivery time. If subsequent attempts are unsuccessful, your order will be returned to CityWineCellar.com. The Customer will be required to incur the cost of shipping and handling and a $10 reshipping fee, regardless of the Customer deciding to cancel the order. A 10% restocking fee will be charge or $50, a lesser amount of the two.
CityWineCellar.com automatically adds insurance to each order placed online. This covers you from any package lost or damaged in transit except for deliveries to a hotel where you are staying.
Shipping to a Hotel
Shipping to a hotel where you are staying, or going to be staying, is not recommended and insurance will not cover a package if shipped to a hotel address. Packages are often lost or misplaced and not delivered to guests in a timely fashion. If you have any questions please email orders@CityWineCellar.com
Change of Shipping Address
Please call us as soon as possible to change your shipping address. If the package is still in our facility we will change the address free of charge. If the package is in transit, an intercept fee does incur.
- New York State will incur an 8.875% sales tax and New Hampshire State will incur 8% sales tax. All other states are responsible to abide by their individual state rules and regulations regarding taxes for their states.
- Please keep in mind that we will do our best to help serve you better. If there is a problem with the item, please call us at: 1-877-879-1888 and we will correct it right away. In the event that you have to return the merchandise, please re-pack the items in its original shipped packing to ensure safe return. Upon arrival at the CityWineCellar.com warehouse all returned items are inspected. You will be refunded the full cost of the merchandise and all shipping charges if your return is a result of our error.
- If the return is not a result of our error and your item is returned unopened within 30 days of delivery we will grant a credit of up to 90% of the item’s value or $ 50.00, lesser of the two, minus the original shipping charge and actual return shipping fees. Expect to receive the refund within four weeks from shipping your return to CityWineCellar.com. This includes conservative estimates of the time required for the return shipping, inspection at our returns facility, and processing from your bank or credit card company. We will notify you via email with the details of your refund. You will receive your refund via the form of payment that you used. If you have any further questions regarding our return policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our contact us page where we would be happy to help you.