Sauvignon Blanc is made from grapes originating in Bordeaux, France, and tends to be a tangy white wine with citrusy notes. Depending on the climate in which a Sauvignon Blanc was produced, its flavor can range from grassy to tropical. Some great Sauvignon Blancs are made in France, South Africa, Italy, Australia, Chile, and Brazil.
Flavors of Sauvignon Blanc
As with other white wines, the flavor profile of Sauvignon Blanc depends largely on its origin and climate. The best Sauvignon Blanc wines are elegant, crisp, and fresh, and it is often served chilled and paired with fish or cheese. Wines from cooler climates tend to be noticeably acidic and carry hints of grass, nettles, tropical fruit, or flowers. Wines from warmer climates often develop further notes of tropical fruits, grapefruit or peach, but must be made carefully to avoid losing aromatics on account of over-ripeness. Sauvignon Blanc wines do not age well, and are usually consumed early.
- Papi Demi Sec Sauvignon BlancAs low as $6.99
- Santa Carolina Vistana Sauvignon Blanc 1.5LSpecial Price $8.99 Regular Price $12.99
- Veramonte Sauvgnion Blanc 2018 750ml
91 James Suckling$9.99
- Santa Ema Sauvignon BlancAs low as $9.99
- Monkey Bay Sauvignon BlancAs low as $9.99
- CK Mondavi Sauvignon BlancAs low as $10.99
- Markovic Estates Sauvignon Blanc ReserveAs low as $12.99
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc 2019 750mlSpecial Price $13.99 Regular Price $17.99
- Nautilus Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2019 750ml
91 Wine Enthusiast$14.99
- Stags Leap Wine Cellars Aveta Sauvignon Blanc 2018 750ml
90 Wine Enthusiast$27.99